IIC Technologies Inc (North America) is located in Vancouver BC and Riverdale, MD. We’re a global geospatial solutions and services company providing end-to-end solutions to the Marine, Defence, Government, Aeronautical, Oil & Gas, Transportation, and Utility sectors. Within these domains, we provide acquisition, data and product management, integration, dissemination, consulting, and training solutions.
Since 1993 we’ve developed a reputation for skilled project management, technical expertise, service quality, and customer service. Our multi-disciplinary project teams pull resources from each speciality to deliver comprehensive solutions that meet client needs and expectations. In addition to our North American offices, we are located in Australia/NZ, the UK, India, and the Middle East.
IIC provides an exciting and fast paced environment, with a competitive compensation package, professional development training and career advancement opportunities. For more information on IIC, see our website at www.iictechnologies.com.
Position Description: Bathymetric Data Manager
A core focus of IIC is providing marine surveying, charting, consulting, and training services to over 20 national hydrographic agencies around the world. We are looking to recruit a qualified Bathymetric Data Manager for North America to help manage these projects and to also work on technical challenges related to hydrography. As the Bathymetric Data Manager, you will have extensive experience in project management, knowledge of survey data processing best practises at the technical level (software and data standards), customer relationship management, and knowledge of the survey industry for government in general.
As a key manager at IIC, you would be responsible for interacting with our clients in the hydrographic survey domain, understanding their bathymetric data processing requirements at the technical level, and then working with our data processing team and field acquisition teams to ensure that deliverables exceed expectations. You will create or refine documentation to turn contract requirements into work instructions; train and mentor data processing team members, ensure deliverables meet expectations, and maintain close contact with clients. You will also be the technical liaison, troubleshooting issues with our software providers. Survey data to be processed may be MBES or ABL.
In addition, you will often be involved in providing technical consulting or training services in hydrography (internally and externally). This can involve technical work group meetings, developing material for our IBSC recognized S-5 Cat B program, providing instruction to clients in hydrography, working on technical proposals for surveying opportunities, consulting, leveraging emerging technologies to improve our own operations, and a variety of related duties.
Successful candidates must be self-motivated, organized and quick learners who excel in a multifaceted environment. Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, are mandatory. You must be able to solve problems and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
Position will be based out of Vancouver BC, Riverdale MD, or working remotely from home within North America. Some travel required.
- 10+years knowledge of the hydrographic domain (acquisition, data management, workflows, products, consulting, training, international standards, etc.)
- 10+years experience supporting clients in hydrographic data processing at the technical and managerial level
- 5+ years extensive knowledge in CARIS HIPS, and other acquisition/processing tools (i.e. Hypack, QPS, SIS, etc).
- 2+ years survey fieldwork experience
- Degree in a Hydrography or related field.
- Knowledge of how bathymetric acquisition relates to nautical cartography
- Experience in dealing with both MBES and ABL data
How to Apply:
- To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before the closing date. Please indicate the position that you are applying for on the cover letter.
- No phone calls please; selected candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.